We have an open submissions policy. Every proposal that reaches us is reviewed by at least one member of our editorial staff. Following our guidelines will ensure your work a fair reading.
Only online submissions will be considered. This saves time and money for you and for our editorial team.
- What We’re Looking For
- Genres We Publish
- Benefits of Publishing With Us
- Rights, Payment, & Royalties
- Submissions & Special Projects
We publish poems, short stories, novelettes, and novellas on our websites and podcasts.
We publish novels, and book-length non-fiction in audio, ebook, paperback, and hardback editions.
Our target audience consists of intelligent millennials who love stories that dive deep into the darker side of humanity to find the light hidden within. Stories where protagonists of all gender identities are equally important and can effectively combine forces. These readers love it when sparks fly, but when there’s an explicit scene, it has to be about more than just sex or violence.
To get a sense of the writing style that appeals to our target audience, read some of these works:
- Daughters of Anarchy by C.A. Hartman
- The Dark Jewels series by Anne Bishop
- Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L James
- Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
- Magic to the Bone by Devon Monk
We are looking for stories with intellectual appeal. That means that we’re looking for intelligent writers. You may or may not have advanced degrees (we know some super smart people who dropped out of high school), but you know how to ask interesting questions and you care about inspiring readers to have a positive impact on their local communities.
While we will consider all stories, we are especially interested in works that explore historically under-represented groups.
We publish works that fall into at least one of these umbrella-categories:
- Science Fiction
- Narrative Non-Fiction
- Spiritual (if it is inclusive and open-minded)
- Educational Non-Fiction
If we publish your short fiction or poetry on our website and/or podcast:
- We’ll promote your story or poem to our network of readers and include links back to your author website in a brief “about the author” section.
- Access to our solicited short works submission form, which puts you ahead of all the other submissions we receive for publication.
- Priority consideration for book promotion on our website, podcast, etc.
If we publish your novel or novel-length work:
- We’ll help you develop an author brand persona, ideal reader persona, email autoresponder sequence, and marketing strategy for all your books (the ones you’ve already written or want to write, whether you published them all with us, with someone else, or on your own). $3000 Value
- Our six-month pre-release marketing push includes:
- Digital Advance Reader Copies
- Editorial Reviews
- Podcast Appearances
- Pre-Order Ads
- Blog Features
- And more tactics tailored to you and your book.
- We make you a dashboard where you can see your production calendar, your promotion calendar, and your book sales data.
- We always handle ads and promotion for you. When we need you to participate, such as for a book signing, podcast interview, or blog post, we give you the support you need to make it as effortless and fun as possible.
- You’ll get access to all our educational materials, if you want them, including paid courses on writing, editing, publishing, branding, and marketing. $1000+ Value
- You’ll get lifetime access to our application-only mastermind. $100/month Value
- Access to our solicited manuscript submission form, which puts you ahead of all the other submissions we receive for publication.
- Priority consideration for book promotion on our website, podcast, etc. for any of your books not published through us.
We take World English rights. For books, we exercise audiobook rights, ebook rights, trade paperback, and trade hardcover rights. For poetry and fiction published on the website and/or the podcast, we exercise the right to exclusive online publication of the work for six months (three months before we post the work and three months after).
We pay $10 per poem accepted for publication on our website and/or podcast.
We pay $0.06 per word for short stories, novelettes, and novellas published on our website and/or podcast.
Our royalty structure and advance on royalties are determined on a case by case basis. In general, our authors get 90% of what we recieve from retailers after we subtract production and marketing expenses for print and ebooks, and 40% or more of what we receive minus expenses for audiobooks, depending on our contract with the individual narrator.
For example, if the list price for an ebook is $10, and we recieve $7, but we spent $5, then your 90% is $1.80
We pay royalties quarterly. Royalties accrued between January 1st and March 31st are paid on or before July 1st of the same year.
Because we publish audiobooks as a primary format alongside ebooks, paperbacks, and hardcovers, our contracts expire seven years after the publication date of the audiobook, with the option for renewal.